CAD Technician / technical assistant
We are looking for a cad technician / technical assistant to join our company in Bacup. The successful candidate will provide accurate drawings using AutoCAD and Inventor to produce drawings ready for laser cutting, folding and fabrication. Duties will include (but not be limited to):
· Producing suitable CAD drawings from customer specifications (including written descriptions, hand drawn sketches and supplied CAD files).
· Liaising with customers
· Nesting parts using SigmaNEST
· Modification of existing designs and creation of new designs to suit customer requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
·Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) OR 3 years of experience working in sheet metal, including welding and folding.
·Thorough understanding of engineering drawings.
·Experience of rapid creation of accurate 2D drawings in AutoCAD.
·Experience of using Inventor, Solidworks or Creo.
· Experience of SigmaNEST (or equivalent) or a willingness to learn.
·Proficient use of MS Office.
· Ability to work on their own initiative.
· Ability to lead or work as part of a team.
· Good communication and presentation skills.
This is a full-time, permanent post. 40 hours per week, immediate start..
Email your CV to Jennifer@Arcmetals.co.uk